Monday, March 2, 2009

I'm starting to get a glimpse of how my time here is going to be.

Today, Monday, I went to a school and worked with four Cambodians and a couple of guys from Daytona Beach. We applied finishing touches of concrete to the insides of a water tank. We worked all morning, ate lunch, slept for an hour, and worked a few more hours. I think I could get used to taking a nap after lunch. It makes me wish America would follow this custom along with most of the world.

Food... would you like rice with that?

I eat rice three meals a day. Today's Menu:
Breakfast: Rice, small strips of pork, with a fried egg on top.
Lunch: Rice, with chicken, cabbage and carrot soup poured on top.
Dinner: Rice, with fish and spinach cooked with basil and some type of really, really spicy sauce.

I honestly don't mind it. It's starting to feel somewhat normal. The Cambodians don't think you've eaten until you've had rice. I will get to eat some western food on the weekends though, they go to the city on the weekends.

Thanks for reading. I'll try to continue to keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment